The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependant adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in insuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
- My goal is to always treat you competently, ethically and respectfully.
- You can stop seeing me without any obligation other than to pay for services you have received or appointments not cancelled 24 hours in advance.
- Feel free to ask questions about my approach and methods, or to decline any recommendations I make.
- You can see your records
- Our discussions are confidential. This means that, except as noted below, I won't release information that identifies you to anyone without your written permission.